Today, heat cleaning is largely preferred for removing contaminants and stripping coatings from metal parts. The method assures fast and complete cleaning of parts, allowing them to be reused for industrial applications. So, which is the cost-effective and environmentally friendly way to perform heat cleaning? Read on to know more!
Burn-Off Oven – Efficient Parts Cleaning Solution
Burn off ovens are widely employed for heat cleaning metal parts. They are designed to remove varnish, powder coating, paint, oil, organic material from the surface of metal parts. These parts cleaning ovens are designed with several beneficial features for efficient cleaning of metallic parts of varying sizes, weight, and length. A few important features of these ovens are listed below:
- Fire Detection System – Burn off ovens are engineered with a fire detection system. This allows the oven to thermally decompose powder coating into a combustible vapor instead of burning off the coating directly.
- After Burner Design – Parts cleaning burn off ovens are incorporated with an after burner. The after burner is designed to burn off harsh smoke and vapor generated at the primary burner. As a result, only non-toxic carbon dioxide and water vapor will be emitted to the atmosphere.
- Rugged Burner Construction – Burners of these ovens are manufactured using either light-gauge sheet metal or heavy-gauge sheet metal or cast iron. The quality construction enables the oven to provide consistent performance over a wide temperature range. Also, they are unaffected even after many years of service in corrosion prone industrial environments.
- Insulated Exhaust Stacks – It is via the exhaust stack hot gas is released to the atmosphere from the afterburner. Either of the two forms of below listed exhaust stacks is supplied with the oven;
- Heavy steel pipe with hard refractory lining
- Light-gauge steel with ceramic fiber lining
- Pressure Relief Door Design – A pressure relief door is incorporated as per the guidelines of NFPA. The purpose of this door is to relieve pressure from the oven at the time of ignition.
With all these features, you can be assured of a complete part cleaning that too safely and in less time. Being a widely used device, these parts cleaning ovens are designed with several safety features. An example to this is pressure relief door construction. Moreover, they are pollution free; adding to their demand across several industries.