Burn off ovens are highly useful for the removal of paint or other coatings from machine parts, fixtures, racks, etc. Cleaning of paint line components is also made really easy and efficient by these industrial ovens. They are extensively used in various industries such as manufacturing, automobile, and machining.
Before we delve in to the various uses of burn off oven, let us first understand its working mechanism.
How does a Burn off Oven Work?
Here is the working mechanism of a burn off oven:
- The material/ parts are put inside the burn off oven and it is turned on for stripping off the coating.
- The temperature rises in the oven to up to 800°F and the coating starts to come off the material.
- The removed coating then is turned into fine ash as well as fumes.
- The ash settles inside the chamber in the form of inorganic pigmentation.
- The fumes get passed through a chamber (also known as the afterburner chamber) where the temperature of the fume goes up to 1400°F for partial second.
- Once the coating is successfully removed from the surface of the material/ machine parts, effluent (consisting of water vapor and carbon dioxide) gets discharged in the surrounding.
What are the Various Uses of Burn off Ovens?
Industrial burn off ovens can be used for various coat-removal applications. Some of the prominent ones are:
- Burn off ovens used for cleaning electric motors: The intricate structure of an electric motor makes it difficult to be stripped of the coatings and cleaned. Ingeniously designed electric motor burn off ovens are capable of uniformly distributing the heat to the overall surface of the electric motor and effectively remove the coatings without causing any sort of core loss.
- Burn off ovens for cleaning automotive parts and machineries: Cleaning the machine parts of automotives such as brakes, clutches, engine blocks, rods, oil filters, brake shoes or cylinders, water pumps, etc. can be accomplished easily with the help of burn off ovens. These ovens effectively remove stubborn dirt, grease, oil, unwanted paint, gunk, and even settled carbon.
- Burn off ovens for the removal of rubber from metals parts: Particularly cumbersome and difficult task of removing rubber sheets from the metal parts is made easy by highly efficient burn off ovens. Rollers, automobile tyres, and casters can be stripped of their rubber castings in burn off ovens.
- Burn off ovens to remove paint/ powder coating: Powder or paint coatings from paint racks, hooks, and fixtures can be removed proficiently, thanks to burn off ovens.
All these applications make burn off ovens highly useful in various industries.