A user-friendly and energy-efficient powder coating oven is the most important investment for any firm using them. For an instance, a business might have invested in a random voltage-regulated powder coating oven. However, if it fails to cure the part perfectly, what’s the point? Every stage counts, when it comes to creating a perfectly cured part. Hence, it is important to make certain considerations, before investing in a powder coating oven. With such abundant varieties available for purchase, it is important to make a checklist of factors to concentrate on. What are these factors? Read this post to know more.
Tips for Buying a Powder Coating Oven
The following tips will ease your selection:
1. Purpose of Utilization: A single design may not work for all powder coating projects. Thus, you need consider:
- Who are your typical customers?
- Which industry do you serve the most?
- What parts are you going to powder coat?
- What is the average length and weight of the parts to be coated?
- What is the volume of the parts to be coated in a day, week, or month?
- Are you working with small batches or large batches?
- What is the storage space available in your facility?
- What resources are available at your facility such as – gas supply, or electrical supply?
2. Technology Features: This is one of the most important factors of consideration while deciding on the type of powder coating oven.
- What is the heat application method? There are several direct heat application ovens available for consideration. These ovens provide easy curing, but have certain disadvantages. Also, direct heat ovens aren’t suitable if you are working with complex parts. Hence, it is always advisable to select an oven that combines infrared and convection heating efficiently. These ovens provide superior finishes than many direct heat ovens, and are ideal for parts with concealed surfaces.
- What are the means of air circulation? The oven must have a means of air circulation, such as a circulation fan, a blower, or a forced air burner. This enables fast curing, and helps avoid formation of hot spots.
- How safe is the oven? Overheating and loss of heat are two primary concerns for any facility operating a powder coating oven. It is going to be the same for you too. Thus, you need to ensure that the oven is tightly welded from both sides. This helps prevent warpage of the exterior and interior skins, as well as heat loss. The oven must have an automatic shut down or be equipped with alarm, which announces overheating. A proper construction and advanced safety or indication features are two important factors that will help you avoid workplace accidents caused due to overheating.
- Is the controller analog or digital? Heat control is the important aspect of a curing oven. Hence, digital controllers are an ideal choice for powder coating projects. These ovens allow you to achieve precise temperature measurements.
- Is the oven equipped with high-quality parts? An oven is made of several parts, including enclosure boxes, controllers, gas burners, etc. Each part plays a key role in the performance of the oven. Hence, it is important to ensure that only high-quality parts are used.
All the above-mentioned considerations will make the selection task easy for you. The oven being a big investment, it is always better that you approach an industry expert, while buying it. Armature Coil (ACE) is an industry expert and manufacturer of powder coating ovens. The ovens by ACE are designed to meet high demands of various industrial coating processes.